How to root and install TWRP on Galaxy S8 & Galaxy S8+, in this guide we will see how to root and install TWRP, with the simplest method, the Galaxy S8. The root to the device, it gives you the ability to have multiple options available, which usually don’t have with the official firmware.
You can overclock your phone to increase the performance. You can even tinker with the processor to improve the battery phone. In addition to these features, there are a lot of other cool features that you can access.
For example, change your privacy settings or install any applications from the Play Store that to function optimally, they need root access. With the root is possible install also custom ROMs. This method requires ODIN to install the TWRP on your device, and you must install the device drivers on your computer.
Now onto the Guide on how to make the root the Samsung Galaxy S8 and install the TWRP. We are not responsible for any damage you cause to your device. Make this tutorial at your own risk.
How to root and install TWRP on Galaxy S8 & Galaxy S8+
- Make sure that the device has at least 40% of battery charge.
- Downloading and installing drivers>>Samsung Driver
- A computer with opertive system Windows.
- Enable USB debugging and unlocks the OEM >> how to enable USB debugging and enable OEM on Android
- Download Odin from this page
- TWRP for Galaxy S8 dreamlte (Exynos vaiants – G950F/FD/N/X) | Download
- TWRP for Galaxy S8 Plus dream2lte (Exynos variants – G955F/FD/X/N) | Download
- Latest Magisk 12 | Download link
- Download S8 decryption zip | Download | File: no-verity-opt-encrypt-5.1.zip
How to install TWRP on Galaxy S8 & Galaxy S8+
- First enable USB debugging and OEM Unlocking from setting>developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
- Now Download the Odin tool from above and extract the zip file.
- Run the Odin_xx.exe file on your PC.
- Connect your Galaxy S8 to your PC with the data cable and reboot into the Download/Odin mode.
- To enter into download mode turn off your phone and press and hold the Bixby and volume down buttons, then press the power button. until you see the download mode screen.
- Once you enter into Download mode, you see an ID: COM port turned blue and Added message in Odin message box means your device has recognized by Odin.
- If ID: COM doesn’t show means your driver is not correctly installed or try it with different USB cable.
- Now locate and add the twrp-3.1.0-r1_0424_dreamlte.tar file (you downloaded from above) to the AP/PDA tab in Odin.
- Make sure that only these two options are tick “Auto Reboot” and “F.Reset Time“
Now click ‘Start‘ button and it will start flashing the file. Wait until you see ‘Pass‘ in Green Color on Odin screen. This step will install TWRP 3.1.0 recovery on Galaxy S8/S8+.
Root Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+
- After flashing TWRP Recovery, boot your device into the recovery mode by press and hold the Bixby and volume up buttons, then press the power button. Once phone turns on lets go of the power, while still keeping Bixby and volume up buttons pressed.
- You are in TWRP recovery of Galaxy S8. Now it’s time to Root Galaxy S8 Plus and disable Encryption.
- In TWRP recovery navigate to Install Zip and navigate to the folder /twres/flashables/ and select no-verity-opt-encrypt.zip.
- Now swipe to Flash the above file and reboot your device into recovery mode.
- Now go to the main menu in TWRP and select Wipe> Format Data.
- Now reboot your device into recovery mode again.
- Now in TWRP recovery click on Install Zip and navigate to the folder /twres/flashables/ and select Magisk-v12.0-arm64.zip file to root Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus.
- Swipe to install Magisk and reboot your device.