How to Root and install TWRP on LG G6. The new flagship from LG was announced at MWC in Barcelona 2017. LG G6 is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon chipset 821 coupled with 4 GB RAM. It is released with 32 GB of internal memory, with a chance to get up to 2 TB using a microSD card. Runs with Android 7.1 Nougat with user interface LG UX 6.0.
Both users and developers are eagerly waiting for the release of the device. With the installation of the custom recovery TWRP and SuperSu, we can finally install a custom recovery and get root access on your device by installing SuperSu.zip.
In this guide, we’ll look at the step by step procedure on how to get root access on your LG G6 and then install the custom recovery TWRP on it. The process is fairly simple and won’t take long to complete the process.
You just have to meet certain prerequisites and download some files that will be essential to run this process.
How to Root and install TWRP on LG G6
- Make sure that the bootloader of the phone is unlocked, you can unlock the bootloader easily by following this guide.
- Install ADB and Fastboot on Pc. (How do)
- Install drivers USB. (How do)
- Enable the options for developers going into the Settings>Info on telephone and tapping the build number several times.
- Go in settings>Developer Options. Make sure USB debugging is checked.
- Go in settings>Developer Options and activate ‘OEM freeing’.
- Make a Backup of all data. Read here if you don’t know how do.
- Loaded telephone’s battery till 50%.
- Download TWRP’s recovery.
TWRP (Coming Soon)
SuperSu zip (Coming Soon)
How to Root and download TWRP on LG G6
- Go to the folder ADB open the installation directory and open a command window, press and hold the shift key and right click anywhere within this folder.
- adb reboot bootloader
- Download TWRP for LG G6 from the link at the top and copy in ADB file.
- Once you enter the Fastboost mode check the correct connection of the LG G6 to Pc by typing the following command
Now enter the following command to install TWRP, used the name of recovery, instead of text in green.fastboost flash recovery recovery mane
Enter this command to reboot the phone into recovery mode.
adb reboot recovery
- in the menu of recovery surf install zip and select ‘ SuperSu.zip ‘ to root your LG G6.
- Do you swipe to install SuperSu and reboot your device.
- That’s it, you have a custom recovery installed rotated LG G6 and successfully.
- Now check whether the device was rotated correctly with Root Checker.
That’s all. We’ve finished.
If you have doubt or problems let’s talk about it in the comments.
If you liked the article, please share it.